Online Anytime Training
- 100% online
- No textbooks, nothing else to buy
- Completely self-paced, no time limits or restrictions.
- Nearly forty contact hours of instruction
- Forty handouts/resources
- On-demand audio and video
In a unique approach to trauma training, we’ve broken our core TIC curriculum into two parts – the training and the certificate – because maybe you want the know-how but have no need for a certificate. We’ve got you… Want to register a group? Contact us for a custom quote.
About This Course:
This course was created from a live, three-day conference in Colorado Springs, conducted by the Colorado Professional Development Center. CPDC has certified over two hundred people as Trauma-Informed Practitioners, from therapists to soldiers, and everything in between.
For this event, fifty three people took time away from work and traveled to Colorado in planes, trains and automobiles, stayed at a conference center, and experienced three very intense days of training.
In addition to the digital version of the live training, we’ve also included study sections on traumatology, developmental psychology, and more. Even if those terms are new to you, it will all make sense with this solid grounding in developmental and childhood trauma.
CPDC’s reputation as TIC trainers is impeccable and, due to their thoughtful and experienced teaching, many of their students have altered the course of their lives, careers and/or personal relationships.
What sets CPDC’s training apart is their focus on more than merely identifying trauma and treating symptoms. You’ll learn that it’s possible to actually HEAL trauma through engagement, empathy and compassion.
You Will Learn:
What Trauma-Informed Care is:
- Foundational theory, information, practices and protocols
- The role of trauma in the human nervous system
- The correlation between trauma and addictions
- The long-term impact of trauma and physical and mental health
- Attachment theory and its role as an organizing force in humans and human systems
- The importance of personal development for service providers to prevent countertransference and burn-out
- Ethics, safety and cultural sensitivity
How to Identify Trauma:
- The research (and shortcomings) of the ACEs Study
- The four categories of trauma, and why that matters
- The “trauma continuum” of shock, trauma and stress
- The long-term effects of developmental and childhood trauma
- How styles of attachment influence behaviors and relationships for a lifetime
How to Heal Trauma:
- A holistic, relational/somatic/biochemical approach to healing trauma
- The critical role of the therapeutic relationship in healing traumas
- Simple interventions to create safety and trust with clients
- Treating shock, trauma and stress states
- A developmental approach to psychopathology
- An attachment-based model of psychotherapy
- How to help traumatized individuals learn emotional self-regulation skills
- How to help traumatized individuals develop resiliency
Why Train in Trauma-Informed Care?
- Enhance your professional knowledge, skills, and career potential
- Apply a Trauma-Responsive paradigm to your personal and professional life
- Cultivate a transformative understanding of how Adverse Childhood Experiences can affect the developing brain and influence health and behavior
- Increase self-awareness with a new perspective on personal development, reducing the risk of secondary traumatization
- Lead your agency, unit, or team toward becoming a trauma-informed organization
Why Learn Online?
- FLEXIBILITY Access your course any time you want. Like to study from 2-4 am? No problem.
- PORTABILITY Learn anywhere you have an internet connection. On your coffee break, on your commute, on your phone, tablet, whatever, whenever.
- AFFORDABILITY No need to take time off from your job, travel to a conference center, rent a hotel, etc.
- COMMUNITY You will have access to a group of trainers and trainees, all eager to support your learning and implementation.
- RETENTION The rich, interactive nature of online training has been shown to improve the retention of information far better than endless lectures.
- LIFETIME ACCESS Forgot a particular point you had hoped to remember? Come back at any time and review it.
- ONLINE SUPPORT Have a problem? Need help? Have a question? We’re here for you.
Who Can Benefit From This Course?
- Social Services Providers, Victim Advocates, Child Welfare Staff, Guardians ad Litem
- Victim Advocates, Sexual Harassment Counselors, Domestic Violence Center Staff
- Counselors, Psychologists, Social Workers
- Law Enforcement Officers, Firefighters, EMS
- Physicians, Nurses, ER Staff
- Lawyers, Judges, Legal Assistants
- Clergy & Church Staff
- Criminal Justice Officers and Administrators
- Teachers & Higher Education Administrators, School Counselors
- City Government Workers, Immigration Workers, Military Officers
Meet the Instructors:
Barry K. Weinhold received his Ph. D. in Counseling Psychology (an A.P.A. Approved Program) in 1968 from the University of Minnesota. He taught at Ohio University and the University of Wisconsin at Green Bay before founding the Counseling and Human Services Program at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. After teaching for over 30 years at UCCS, he retired as Professor Emeritus in 2001. He currently serves as CPDC’s Continuing Education Director, and also co-directs the Colorado Institute For Conflict Resolution & Creative Leadership (CICRCL), which he and Janae co-founded in 1986. Barry has been a licensed psychologist in the state of Colorado since 1976 and has a small private practice specializing in working with men.
Barry is the author or co-author of over 65 books and he has made over 100 presentations at professional conferences. His latest books are The Wise Elder, and the co-authored, Conflict Resolution: The Partnership Way. Both books are available from Amazon in e-book and print formats. The Wise Elder book is the third in the Real Men Series. This series offers support to men wishing to develop the often-ignored feminine side of their personality. His previous books are about developmental trauma, conflict resolution, family counseling, codependency, counterdependency, and Twisted Beliefs, about how people form their values and beliefs and what causes them to become twisted.
Barry also served as a consultant to the United Nation’s 1994 International Year of the Family. Operating out of the UN Centre in Vienna, Austria, he helped to found the Bratislava International Family Training Centre, in Bratislava, Slovakia in 1992-93.
He also founded the highly successful Kindness Campaign, a community-based violence prevention program that started in Colorado Springs and was implemented in 12 other US cities. The Kind and Safe Schools Initiative (KASSI), a school-based peer violence prevention program grew out of the Kindness Campaign. Parts of KASSI have been implemented in over 700 schools in the U. S. and Canada. Barry also helped found the First Visitor Program, a child abuse and neglect prevention program operating in the Pikes Peak region.
Barry has been meditating daily since 1978 and he also practices yoga. He is an avid fly fisherman. He also enjoys hiking in the mountains and eating good food.
Janae Weinhold has her doctorate in Developmental Psychology from the Union Institute, is a Licensed Professional Counselor in private practice, and a clinical specialist in attachment and developmental trauma. For fourteen years, she also served as Adjunct Faculty in the Counseling and Human Services Program at CU-Colorado Springs where she taught advanced clinical courses in Developmental Process Work. She served for six months as the Mental Health Coordinator for the Child Care Response Project in Colorado Springs and has been providing mental health training for early childhood and childcare professionals since 1997. Since 1994 she has been conducting ongoing training in practical psychology, and providing social and psychological consultation services for Ukrainian psychotherapists through partnerships with organizations in Kiev, Ukraine.
Janae co-directs CPDC and the Colorado Institute for Conflict Resolution & Creative Leadership (CICRCL) in Colorado Springs, CO. At CPDC she provides professional supervision and consultation to mental health practitioners, and co-leads CPDC’s Trauma-Informed Care Certificate Trainings. She also presents at conferences on various topics related to developmental trauma. The theoretical and practical model that she and Barry created identifies the Disorganized Attachment Style and its associated developmental shock, trauma and stress as a major cause of intractable relational conflicts, delayed development, and human suffering.
Janae has authored or co-authored ten print books, twelve e-books, and numerous professional journal articles in developmental psychology, counseling and conflict resolution, and has presented on these topics at many national and international conferences. In 1992 and 1993, Janae spent a year on assignment as a Family Life Consultant, volunteering at the United Nations Centre in Vienna, Austria during the International Year of the Family. Here she co-authored papers on family life education, served as a delegate to numerous UN conferences and meetings and served as UN liaison representative with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs and Family in the Slovak Republic.
Janae’s passion for developmental psychology and children’s mental health issues is fueled by her love and concern for the future of her three grandchildren and the challenging social conditions that they and other youth face in their young lives. She is also a swimmer and loves roaming the mountains of Colorado and the Southwest.
Have a question or concern about this course?
At TIC-TC, we want you to be happy with your investment in your personal growth. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, contact us within 14 days for a full refund (minus the 3% CC processing fee because the banks no longer refund those fees and they can really add up). No refunds will be issued after a certificate has been awarded.
You can do it either way. You can purchase the training now and the certification later, spacing out the expense, or buy them both right now. Just be sure to put the training in your shopping cart first because the checkout process won't allow you to add the certification to your cart unless the training has been added first (or purchased within the last year).
As long as you want! There are no time limits or restrictions.
We do indeed. Contact us for a custom quote.